Today I wanted to showcase some great posts I’ve read recently (within the last few months or so) that deal with Self Awareness in one aspect or another. Self awareness is not just about self knowledge (although that is a big part of it), and I think these articles do a great job of covering the different aspects of being aware of “self” and using that awareness in your daily life. Here goes (in no particular order):
- The “Just Be Yourself” Cliche – Glen discusses the phrase “just be yourself” and what this means…and does not mean. Some great thoughts on authenticity and personal growth, and how they intersect.
- Double You But One – A beautiful photograph and a short thought on what we really see when we look in the mirror.
- Bliss of Blank Walls – It’s just you and the wall. A reflection on quieting down and what’s left over when you do.
- How To Be Kind To Yourself – Juliet’s guest post on The Change Blog gives us several ways we can all be a little nicer to ourselves. We should make a public service announcement out of this one. 😉
- Is Susie Winfrey Better Than Oprah Winfrey? – Giovanna highlights a part of the commencement speech Oprah gave at Howard University in 2007 and asks us to reflect on it.
- Do You Have A Personal Creed? – Daphne challenges us to write our own Personal Creeds and gives some great examples of ones that have already been written.
- The Happy Introvert: Following Your Instincts – For the introverted (and not so introverted) – have you forgotten how to follow your own instincts? Hint: observe children.
And here’s one from the Look Far archives that we haven’t seen in a long time:
- Rejuvenate Yourself With Nature – Spending time in nature helps us to relax and put things in their proper perspective. So go outside. 🙂
Do you have any other posts to share that you think illustrate “Self Awareness”? Feel free to leave one from your own blog too! Leave us your thoughts and links in the comment section.