“I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
I got tagged by Regina over at her blog, Regina Terrae. I thought this would be a perfect light hearted post for a pleasant Friday afternoon. Actually, it’s been a few weeks since she tagged me so I am a bit tardy, but I was just waiting for the perfect day. 😉
Now, I know I’m also supposed to tag other bloggers but I will just write some things about myself and leave it at that. I’m not a big fan of chain letter type things, but I’m happy to share some things about myself. Here goes:
- About a year ago, I couldn’t touch my toes. But that has changed since I’ve taken up yoga. I’ve been practicing yoga for about a year and find that afterwards I am both calmer and more energized. Plus, now I can touch the floor (hamstrings are stubborn muscles, but if you are nice to them, and you are persistent, they will eventually relax). I think the benefit that I enjoy the most is the body awareness that it develops. I feel things in my body more clearly and I listen better to what I need to do.
- My other physical hobby right now is rock-climbing. I’ve been climbing for about 8 months and am climbing at a beginner/intermediate level. But, most of all, I just think it’s fun and a good workout. I climb indoors so cold weather was no deterrent this winter. I am not afraid of heights (clearly) and I’m not afraid of falling (you really don’t fall very far if there is not a lot of slack in the rope), but I do get scared of “being stuck” – when I feel like the next move I need to make seems very difficult and I feel like I can’t go anywhere. That I don’t like.
- My favorite fruits are peaches and mangoes (in that order). With Spring here and Summer getting closer the fruit selection will just get better and better. I like to go to a farm nearby where you can pick your own fruits/vegetables. There is something satisfying about being outside, getting a little dirty and going home with a lot of blueberries.
- I wish I could take an afternoon nap everyday. At this point, that is not possible because I go to work 5 days a week. However, if I had my way I would nap every afternoon. Not for too long – about 30 min. I hit that low point in the afternoon and there is nothing more than I want to do than drift off to sleep.
- When I was a kid (like 3,4 years old) I really liked to finger paint. There was something so enjoyable about putting my hands in the paint and being expressive with the color in any way that I wanted. I also had a (bad) habit of coloring on the walls of my house, which was, of course, not acceptable to my parents. 😉 I guess I just couldn’t see a big blank wall without wanting to put a piece of myself on it.
- Several years ago I drove with a friend from Baltimore to Miami. She was moving there and needed some help and company driving down. It took us 19 hours over two days. I think that’s the longest distance I’ve ever driven. It was the end of October and in Maryland it had started to get cold, but when we got to Miami it was like going back in time. I had a long weekend of Summer in the middle of the Fall. 😉
- I know I’m supposed to have 7 things, but I only have 6. It must be that same quality that makes me want to write on the walls. 😉
Regina – Thanks for the tag. 🙂 Happy Friday everyone!