Mindfulness seems like an intimidating concept. But really, it’s just about paying attention.
- Notice what is around and inside of you in any given moment. This can be in a general sense. Start with the big picture.
- Pay attention. Turn your attention to what you are experiencing inside and outside of you. Let go (gently) of thoughts of the past or the future (which would essentially be everything except what you are currently experiencing).
- Use your senses. What do you hear, feel, see, taste and smell?
- Use your internal sense. What do you feel (emotions)?
- Don’t judge or criticize. Just enjoy.